I’m so over this project. Your guys’ wonderful comments last week were amazing and wonderful. Not to mention, full of great suggestions! But I just had to be done. I worked a few more stripes of color changes, did a 2×2 rib for a bit, and then bound off.
I didn’t even have the heart to finish the skein. It was just one of those projects! It’s my stashbustin’ #41 for those counting and my Rav page is here. I did learn a lot:
– I learned how to do a Turkish cast on
– I adapted the pattern to fit my measurements
– I turned my first heel
– This was my first fingering weight project
– I completed my first ever sock.
– I got to buy some neat sock blockers!
– Dropping stitches was a pain on the rear to pick back up as I don’t own a small enough crochet hook
- My feet are big and therefore entail lots and lots of tiny stitches
- I should not and cannot do leg/calf increases on the fly…they just look bad
- I only ended up with one sock
After all this, I still want to knit socks. Next time I want to try two at a time, top down socks on circulars. I have the yarn, I have the pattern, just need to save up some moolah to buy the needles.
And because it’s Friday here is a pic of my solo sock on my giant lady foot :)