Being under thirty with a very busy schedule, I get two questions ALL the time:
1- You knit!?
2- How do you have time for it?
Knitting is a very big part of my life and I don’t have a problem KIP (knitting in public). I usually just smile and tell people that its easy to knit all the time. I have projects in my purse, in my desk at work, and almost every room in the house. And a yarn stash to back it all up, lol!
Just today I knit:
– on the couch having my morning coffee before I went to the gym
– in line at the post office to ship an order
– in line at grocery store waiting to check out
– waiting for sushi guy to make my lunch to go order
– on my couch again while catching up on this weeks DVR shows
And it’s not even 2pm!
Sure people stare and look at me like I have two heads, but it doesn’t bother me. When I have time to kill, I knit to pass the time. When I’m relaxing, I knit to enjoy the time. And when it’s all said and done I get a cool FO.
Today at grocery store, the cashier smiled at me and said “look at you wasting no time!” She made my day. I could tell she was a fellow crafter.
For now I’m off to cast on next week’s projects and make some progress on my current WIPs!
Happy Saturday 🙂