Earlier this week I completed a very special request for any old friend. While she was thrilled with the results…I felt the need for a few tweaks
- I knit a 2×2 ribbed brim instead of the rolled brim
- I knit at looser gauge to give the fabric some stretch
- I only knit half the required row for the “nipple” portion to make it less “perky” as one other blogger put it, lol
All in all I was happy with the results! Sorry for the i-Phone shots. I finished the hat late one evening in a rush to get both hats in the mail to Momma before she popped. I’m hoping she’ll send me some action shots once the wee one gets here.
I used a smidge more yarn on this one, 63.1 yards or 32 grams. And I made the thing in one night! Not bad for a quickie 🙂