This year is almost up!!! I can’t believe how fast it’s gone and Christmas is right around the corner. My Mom and I had a wonderful day this past weekend selling at the craft fair. And boy howdy, are we tired! Being a knitting masochist, I have another craft fair yet to come before Christmas! I need to get back to my needles to “restock” my wares!
So today, instead of a object orientated post I’d like to share my “progress” this year on stash busting.
- I have 42 Stashbustin’ projects in 2013 (not counting special request and craft fair wares)
- I have completed 31 projects, frogged 2 projects, four projects are in hibernation, and I have five current WIPs.
- I have knit approximately 8.56 miles and have another 1.88 miles on the needles
- I have donated 1 mile of yarn to charity
- And despite my best efforts…..added 8.94 miles of yarn back to my stash
Now I am still in the black as far as yarn in/yarn out. But I bought a lot of yarn this year. Some was for specific projects and special orders. Others was just because I could. I did get rid of some of my less than tasty bits of yarn and replaced it with better and higher quality fiber.
My stashbustin’ efforts may slow down a bit as we march towards 12/31, as I do last minute holiday gifts and restocking my craft wares. But I think I have made solid progress this year! I am still debating if I do another year of stashbustin’ in 2014 or some other method of measurement. I’m leaning towards another year of stashbusting just so I can see if I can beat my previous years levels…