I was so excited about my Flying North socks. The plucky feet yarn is to die for!
I was cruising along until that niggling started in my brain. Something didn’t look quite right…and then it hit me I was working the pattern across the wrong number of stitches! The pattern is written for 64 stitches which is too small for my feet at my gauge. So I went up to 70 stitches total but failed to redo the math for the pattern to account for the extra stitches. Doh!
So I frogged back to the plain toe and started over with the correct math. (I was too lazy to get out of bed so yes, that is a Bobby pin as a stitch marker.) I lost a lot of knitting time redoing this but I learned two things. One, the stitches were very easy to pick up and I pulled the needles completely out. Second, I’m happy with this decision to frog. This yarn is just to special to have sloppy work!
I guess I’m just getting more mileage out of this fabulous yarn!