I surrender, this project defeated me! It’s done and while it’s pretty….it’s not the fabric I was wanting to create.
Pattern: My own, Rav notes here
Yarn: Lion Brand Homespun in Black
Needles: US 10 1/2
I had previously blogged about slogging through this. I should have realized that it was a slog because the fabric created did not match the original. I finally gave in and bound off just to be done. I used 70% of the skein or 129.5 yards. I am going to start another cowl in a deep purple in a stitch pattern that better matches the original. I will still probably gift this cowl to Mere as well. There is nothing wrong with it as it’s very soft and pretty. I’m just disappointed in myself for “forcing” the knit.
Oh well, I guess I have to knit more!