Well, 2016 is in the books. I had a lot of grand plans for the year including the 2016 Sock Yarn Experiment. I think I did pretty well on that front! I made:
- 18 pairs of socks, 17 adult and 1 baby sized
- Used 13 new to me yarns (thought not the same ones I set out to use, oh well)
- Three of those pairs were gift socks!
Given that I got a whole new pile of sock yarn, I plan to continue my sock experiment in 2017.
Let’s look at the overall 2016 numbers shall we?
- I finished 46 projects blowing my 31 projects from 2015 out of the water.
- I frogged four projects from 2015 and sent three into hibernation.
- I knit my first shawl in 2016
As for the Yarn In versus Yarn Out….well that one was a little rough…
- 19,189.10 yards of yarn
- 57,567.36 feet of yarn
- or 10.90 miles of yarn
- I used 67.48 skeins of yarn
I purchased or brought in:
- 23,272.10 yards of yarn
- 69,816.30 feet of yarn
- or 13.22 miles of yarn
- I added 91.96 skeins of yarn
That leaves me 4,083 yards, 12,249 feet, 2.32 miles or 24.48 skeins in the hole for 2016. Whoops! I really want to try to better next year. So I’m going to gear up for 2017, finish some WIPs and work from stash. Yeah, we will see how that goes…