My Neon Jungle has been my nighttime/bedtime knitting. And the rainbow has been surprisingly motivating despite pretty pronounced evening nausea.
I’m all the way through the warm colors: Red, Pink, Orange, and Yellow. And i’m just starting into the green transition. This piece will definitely be served well by a good blocking. And I’ve found a couple places where I got off patter a bit but noone but I will ever notice. This object *might* end up in the gift pile for next Christmas….time will tell. I’m not sure I’m in love with it yet. But it’s still a fulfilling and fun knit.
My morning sickness has not abated but it has eased some. And while Jellybean is still on a sleep jihad….my knitting mojo has returned some. Right now I need brain soothing easy knitting that is easy to pick up and put down.
I pulled one the last projects I kitted up for the 2017 Pigskin Party and got going on my Neon Jungle Cowl. This yarn has vexed me a bit as this is the third project I have tried it with. It knits up very nicely and the colors are lovely but something has just been not right up to this point.
I think this project might just be it. The pattern is a simple two row repeat and so far the gradient changes are showing off nicely. I’ll reserve final judgement until I get to the orange to yellow change as that will be the most vivid. But so far I am happy. And this rainbow has been a cheery change to the dreary cold winter.
My Daunt Cowl is finished! Thanks to my hubby and some play dates I had some kid free time to dedicate to this project.
Pattern: Daunt Cowl by Kino Knits
Needles: US 4s
Yarn: Scraps for the stripes and 1 skein Happy Feet Splash for the MC all for a total of 1,013 yards
Mods: Omitted the short rows and accidentally seamed into a möbius
Other than my fail of seaming while watching a 5 yo and 3 yo leading to a unintentional möbius cowl I’m SUPER pleased! The colors play nicely and it’s very warm around my neck. The rainbow makes me happy and actually the möbius makes it hang nicely as a single loop.
It feels really good to get this knit off the needles and to start 2018 in a good place. Happy Knitting!!
You guys…..a Netflix binge and a Jellybean play date has me ALMOST done with my Daunt Cowl!
I finished up the oranges, reds and pinks. I had 7 colors left not the 4-5 I had guessed. But I powered through! Now I need to Kitchener in the round for the first time…..wish me luck…..
My Daunt Cowl feels like it’s really picking up steam!!
Last I posted I was finishing the purples. Well, over the Christmas holiday weekend I plowed through the blues and greens. And then before New Years I worked through yellows. I am finding the shrinking yarn ball more of a motivation than the stripes. Which I think is a weird twist to this project. Usually it’s the color change that pulls at me.
I only have 4-5 colors left and I really want this cowl to be finished! Boy howdy is it cold here in Kansas!
Brrrr…..and Happy Knitting!!
My Daunt Cowl has been growing slowly oh low these past few weeks of potty training. I’m just now starting the last of the purples!
I’m still not sure I’m sold on the magic knots as I can tell where they are in my work. They are thus far staying on the back side of the work. But full disclose, I have not blocked this and blocking is ALWAYS magic. I do find myself rushing in order to get past the purples because up next is BLUE!
My Daunt Cowl has some seen some action!
I managed to plow throw the rows and rows of speckled solid color. I could not wait to start getting to the color changes!
I’ve now completed the three grey and black stripes. Next up is the purples in my rainbow of scraps. I just love looking at the rainbow cake unwind as I knit. It’s just so pretty!!
My Daunt Cowl has seen some action this week.
I had a two hour HIPAA training at work that was all slide show/webinar. I knew I needed something to stay awake so I knit quietly under the table and managed to rack up several inches of stockinette. I’m still in the solid main color section and that’s okay. But I can’t wait to get to the colors!
I also pressed a few small binder clips into service to keep my project from curling so I could observe actual knitting project. I know in my head that it grows with every row but it’s nice when my eyes can back up that logic, lol.