Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween from Jellybean and I! Ahem, I mean Hulk…


Happy Knitting!!

Advertisements

FO Friday: Spooky Vanilla Socks

I’m all prepared for Halloween! My  Spooky Vanilla Socks are done!


Pattern: Toe up vanilla sock with afterthought heel

Yarn: Berry Colorful Yarnings Saturated Sock in the color Spooky

Needles: US 1


My matchup matchy heart is so happy with these. I did use some yarn management to get these to match so it’s not by accident. I had to weave in a few extra ends but it was totally worth it. I also modified my afterthought heel a bit as well. After I picked up the stitches I worked 5-6 rounds of stockinette before starting the decreases. I feel like this made more fabric that covered my heel without over stretching. It’s a tad loose so next time I may only do 4 rounds. But I’m still super super happy! And I got to turn these in for the Pigskin Party KAL and #Socktober!

Happy Knitting!

WIP Wednesday: Spooky Vanilla Socks

My Spooky Vanilla socks are cruising along…


I’ve finished the first sock and got a jump on the second one! I’m really trying to get the stripes to match and it’s working so far. Only two small fails, the first being that I wound my second small cake backwards so I have to work from the outside of the ball. Secondly I’ve had to cut the green yarn in the toe to make the stripes match. It really only means I have a couple more ends to weave in.

I’m definitely going to have a ton of yarn left from this generous skein from Berry Colorful Yarning. Just more yarn for scrap projects I guess!

Happy Knitting! 

Cast On: Spooky Vanilla Socks

With my Pot O Gold bummer I needed a pick me up. I’ve been flirting with the idea of doing Socktober KAL with the Carlina Fiber Girls podcast in addition to 2016 Pigskin Party KAL with the Down Cellar Studio podcast. The result is this beauty from my stash..

This is Berry Colorful Yarnings Spooky color on her sock base. I would get points for yardage and sponsor year for the Pigskin Party. And points for just the sock in Socktober. I’m crazy right?

I’m working a 70 stitch toe up vanilla sock with afterthought heel to preserve the stripes. I got cast on during a two hour webinar at work the other day. The yarn is very fine but lovely to work with.


I managed to slip this over my toe for fit. Right now it’s sitting at zero ease so I know it will fit. These may just be slouchy around the house socks!

Happy Knitting!!

FO Friday: Gru’s Scarf

I made it! This one has been done for a few days I just haven’t gotten around to blogging it.

That my friends is a LOT of freaking yarn….

Pattern: My own improvised pattern. Rav notes are here.

Yarn: Caron Simply Soft in Grey Heather and Black. I used 715 yards of yarn or 385 grams, or roughly 2 full skeins (half of black and one and a half grey)

Needles: US 8 16″ circular

Now hopefully I can grab some photos this weekend of this yarn combined with the rest of the family costumes. We are all going as Despicable Me themed outfits 🙂

Happy Knitting.

FO Friday: Minion Hat

Grandma to the rescue! Thanks to her crochet skills Jellybean’s Minion Hat is done!! She sent me the minion eyes…

  

I still need to do some more tacking of the eyes to both secure them for baby hands and make them lay attractively.
  

The eyes are a little high and kind of googley are adorable nonetheless  

I don’t have the stats on the total yarn used but it was a great stashbuster of leftover bits. It’s Caron Simply Soft in Sunshine, Black, Cobalt Blue, and White. My ravelry page is here.

Now I just need to figure out how to get Jellybean to model this and keep it on his head for more than 30 seconds. I think I have secured the necessary overalls for his Halloween costume but I still need to find a yellow shirt. Not to mention get my but in gear on the Gru scarf! It’s less than two months to Halloween!

Happy Knitting! 

A Growing Gru

 My husband’s Gru scarf is growing!

 

After some swatching I’ve settled on pattern ratio of black to grey. I think it’s pretty smart looking. I’ve been weaving in my ends as I go and I’ve grafted the cast on edge. This way I don’t have to fuss with the tube as it grows. I’ve taken this project in the car and to work so it can see some action before Halloween gets any closer!

P.S. My project bag for this project is a Halloween bag from dollar tree. I think it’s appropriate in this case 🙂