My Neon Jungle has been my nighttime/bedtime knitting. And the rainbow has been surprisingly motivating despite pretty pronounced evening nausea.
I’m all the way through the warm colors: Red, Pink, Orange, and Yellow. And i’m just starting into the green transition. This piece will definitely be served well by a good blocking. And I’ve found a couple places where I got off patter a bit but noone but I will ever notice. This object *might* end up in the gift pile for next Christmas….time will tell. I’m not sure I’m in love with it yet. But it’s still a fulfilling and fun knit.
My morning sickness has not abated but it has eased some. And while Jellybean is still on a sleep jihad….my knitting mojo has returned some. Right now I need brain soothing easy knitting that is easy to pick up and put down.
I pulled one the last projects I kitted up for the 2017 Pigskin Party and got going on my Neon Jungle Cowl. This yarn has vexed me a bit as this is the third project I have tried it with. It knits up very nicely and the colors are lovely but something has just been not right up to this point.
I think this project might just be it. The pattern is a simple two row repeat and so far the gradient changes are showing off nicely. I’ll reserve final judgement until I get to the orange to yellow change as that will be the most vivid. But so far I am happy. And this rainbow has been a cheery change to the dreary cold winter.
My Daunt Cowl is finished! Thanks to my hubby and some play dates I had some kid free time to dedicate to this project.
Pattern: Daunt Cowl by Kino Knits
Needles: US 4s
Yarn: Scraps for the stripes and 1 skein Happy Feet Splash for the MC all for a total of 1,013 yards
Mods: Omitted the short rows and accidentally seamed into a möbius
Other than my fail of seaming while watching a 5 yo and 3 yo leading to a unintentional möbius cowl I’m SUPER pleased! The colors play nicely and it’s very warm around my neck. The rainbow makes me happy and actually the möbius makes it hang nicely as a single loop.
It feels really good to get this knit off the needles and to start 2018 in a good place. Happy Knitting!!
You guys…..a Netflix binge and a Jellybean play date has me ALMOST done with my Daunt Cowl!
I finished up the oranges, reds and pinks. I had 7 colors left not the 4-5 I had guessed. But I powered through! Now I need to Kitchener in the round for the first time…..wish me luck…..
My Daunt Cowl has been growing slowly oh low these past few weeks of potty training. I’m just now starting the last of the purples!
I’m still not sure I’m sold on the magic knots as I can tell where they are in my work. They are thus far staying on the back side of the work. But full disclose, I have not blocked this and blocking is ALWAYS magic. I do find myself rushing in order to get past the purples because up next is BLUE!
My Daunt Cowl has some seen some action!
I managed to plow throw the rows and rows of speckled solid color. I could not wait to start getting to the color changes!
I’ve now completed the three grey and black stripes. Next up is the purples in my rainbow of scraps. I just love looking at the rainbow cake unwind as I knit. It’s just so pretty!!
Phew! I finished my (hopefully) last Christmas knit! My Vanilla Rainbow Socks!
These were a quick but slow knit for reasons I’ll explain later. But they match almost perfectly! And I turned them in for FOUR KALs for points/possible prizes. How can you not love that?
Pattern: 64 stitch toe up vanilla sock with gusset heel
Needles: US2 nine inch circs
Yarn: Cascade Heritage Prints in the Rainbow color
My mom really like these so they might end up being for her. And the Christmas pair I finished prior might go to my aunt Barb. I used 310 yards or 71 grams of the skein so they could have been bigger but I was soooo done with this project I just couldn’t do it!
Spoiler alert…I’ll have a FO to show this Friday. And that FO freed up some needles for another Socktober project.
Using the Surburban Stitcher bag I just splurged on I cast on some new socks in a skein of Cascade Heritage Prints in the rainbow color I picked up this summer. These are destined for the gift pile, quite possibly for my Aunt Barb. They are a toe-up vanilla sock over 64 stitches on size 2 US needles. I only needed the foot to be 8 inches instead of my normal 9 inches. So it just zoomed compared to my normal 68 stitch socks on size 1 US needles.
Seriously though, this project literally flew. The above photo represents two days worth of knitting. And this photo is the first one I took because I couldn’t put the sock down long enough to snap a photo, lol. I’m hoping to keep the mojo going on this project and have another FO very soon!
My Summer Morning Shawl still looks like this…
I just can’t make myself work on this. After some deep thought I realized I just don’t love this yarn and pattern combo. I’m also hating working back and forth in stockinette. So I’m going to frog it. This yarn deserves better. I managed to find a better pattern even!
@Jimmy Beans Wool
This is the Neon Jungle Cowl by Jimmy Beans Wool and I think will suit my Rainbow yarn just splendidly! I feel happier already knowing that this project will suit me much better.
My Summer Morning shawl saw some action lately.
I’m done with the true red section and I’m into the pink. I’ve had some trouble with Done Roving in the past with bleeding. I am really thinking about working up until the pink and red are done and then rinse them to test for dye fastness.
If it bleeds I may have to brain storm how to set the color before moving on. I have citric acid but it could be tricky given that it’s attached to the other end of the ball! My other option is to keep knitting and wash the FO with a mess of color catchers, lol.
Oh the conundrum….happy knitting!